Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Candidate Statement

    I finally submitted a candidate statement tonight in hopes of going to the writer convention in Chicago later this summer. I knew I was running out of time as the deadline is tomorrow. I wanted to see I was getting it done right so other things were more important for a while. It meant looking through my box of documents to find my previous membership renewals and the like. I knew I had some things to do when I got home from the comedy club, and this was one of them. Another was  writing out a check to mail a bill, along with shredding junk mail.
    My statement may have been brief but I wanted to be to the point. I saw that some officials with my chapter were copied on it when I sent it to the election committee. I did speak of being at the previous convention, two years ago.
   The billing cycle just started over with Bill Me Later, so I decided to order some more items on E-bay. This included postcards of stadiums from various World's Fairs. This will add three more fairs, and lower the average some as I do like the variety available. Since there is so much out there I see no need to just get souvenirs from one or two fairs. I also decided to get some more first day covers, as these are also nice souvenirs to have.
   It was a nice time at the comedy club tonight. I was onstage and liked being able to try out some more new jokes. This included sharing the recent story about riding the bus to and from work, along with seeing my dad this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment