Sunday, June 9, 2013

Beatles Song in German

   When I was driving back from Iowa this morning and afternoon I heard plenty of music on the radio. I came across one show covering Beatles music, including one song in German- 'I want to hold your hand'. The melody and instruments sounded the same, just the words were different. I even waited until the song was done before I got out of the car to gas up in Ames. I got some postcards at this stop as well, some were statewide cards and another was of a covered bridge near Winterset.
  Also notable was hearing two different versions of the song 'Boys of summer'- Don Henley's as well as the one by the Ataris. I knew there was a small variation on the lyrics- 'Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac' was changed to 'Black flag sticker' in the Ataris version. It shaped up as a fine drive, though I was getting tired and made more stops than on the previous day's drive- today it was three instead of two. It was nice to stop for a McDonald's ice cream cone near Owatonna. I was listening to the first game of the split doubleheader the Twins were playing against the Washington Nationals. The Twins were trailing in the lid-lifter and I found out they ended up losing both.
   In the evening I did have dinner with my date at an Old Country Buffet in Burnsville. It was nice seeing the art on the wall as much of it was about the local sports teams, especially the Twins and Vikings. There was some copies of Norman Rockwell paintings as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment