Friday, June 28, 2013

Tacos, Nachos and Beer

   When I was riding the bus to work this morning I saw somebody wearing a short sleeve shirt with a collar that said 'Tacos, nachos and beer'. It reminded me of what Dad often would say to me when I was young. If it's advertising a particular food establishment I don't know where it is.
   After having the evening meal I did go take a long walk around the neighborhood, for over an hour. I picked up plenty of trash along the way, 30 items in all. As expected, most of it was food and drink containers. One of them was a plastic gallon-sized jug. It netted me four more pull tabs for the Ronald McDonald house at work. I at one point thought of the Pearl Jam song 'Rearview Mirror' as the lyrics seemed appropriate. 'I took a drive today, to emancipate. Saw things so much clearer once I saw you in my rearview mirror.' A long walk can help me think more clearly. I liked walking over an interstate as it is nice to be above the craziness.
   I liked seeing a 'Simpsons' episode this evening from last year, it was a parody of the movie 'Social Network'. I called it 'The Facebook movie'. I liked hearing a choir doing a cover of Radiohead's 'Creep' in it. I hadn't seen the movie since it was at theaters. Lisa had the lead role in this parody.

No comments:

Post a Comment