Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First Day Cover Binder

   I finally decided to create a binder for the first day cover stamps I already have. More have been ordered and are on the way. There are 13, just the 5 covers of  'The Simpsons' from 2009 were bought new and the others were bought from E-bay. Much like before, it's nice to have a variety. There are 2 from the Pan-Am Games, 2 of Bison, and one I really like having- a gold replica stamp from the 'Celebrate The Century' series. It is about the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair. I liked how there was an extensive description of the fair included with it. It's nice to know how many of them are available for real cheap, most of them are under $10 and many are about $2. I did see how I got a Johnny Cash stamp on the envelope of one of my E-bay orders. So this did prompt me to go to the downtown post office, and yes they have them. I need to go there again when I have more time to stand in line and get them. This is also a good one to get as a first day cover! It likely means ordering it online, which was how I got 'The Simpsons' covers.
   At the comedy club tonight, I liked how the show closer did some favorite jokes of mine- 'Extra Murder' and 'I can drive'. I liked getting a shout-out as well. But I know many comics like to hear my laugh, and they claim they recognize it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment