Thursday, June 6, 2013

Progressland- World's Fair

    I am still finding more World's Fair souvenirs as I am still trying more searches. This included a brochure about 'Progress-land', the General Electric exhibit at the 1964 and 1965 New York World's Fair. I already have 3 GE postcards, each from a different World's Fair. This would complement it well. It looks like they are on another postcard, from the 1962 fair in Seattle but it was not entirely obvious. One sees the GE logo in one corner of the postcard about the industrial exhibits. Not all of the listings for this particular postcard mention it. Another postcard I found was a of the American pavilion from the 1970 World's Fair in Osaka, Japan. It looks like an inflated domed stadium, like the Metro-dome in Minneapolis. There was dual language on the back. It really comes as no surprise how I am mostly finding souvenirs from World's Fairs held in America, as it appears most of the sellers are from America as well or Canada. I am also pleased that I have been added to another Facebook group about a World's Fair, most recently Expo 67 in Montreal. It is the second, the first was the New York fair from 1964.
   I went to see a friend perform in a comedy contest tonight, he didn't win the night but still may advance to the semifinals later this summer. I just had to move up some of my errand running- like printing things at the library- in order to be there on time. Also a perfect excuse to go over to Bobby and Steve's to get a Godfather's Pizza! I knew well enough to avoid staying all that long after work, for a networking event across the street. It was nice to see a senior leader at this event that I like- the St. Louis native. He had to take a call so I was unable to say I was leaving. But I did like hearing about things like a rare baseball hat he owns that looks like a derby hat.
   There still is the odd from riding the bus. I was next to a man this morning who was trying to call about somebody he knows who is in jail, something about felony witness tampering.   

No comments:

Post a Comment