Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lewis and Clark Documentary Movie

   I went to see the Lewis and Clark movie at the Science Museum in St. Paul with my date this afternoon. I researched it in advance and found out it was a documentary produced by National Geographic. It was under an hour long but I liked it. Early on when a medal was presented to an Indian tribe it did remind me of what was on the back of some of the special edition nickels. I bought 3 postcards for a dollar in the gift shop, as they were all related to the Science Museum.
   After this we did go to the gardening place, Linder's on Larpenteur in St. Paul, to get a look at the Snoopy statue. We both liked finding it as we had been there two years earlier and was told it was unavailable, too damaged. Then it was on to the Historic Streetcar Station in Como Park. I liked getting a better look this time as there was no activity today. On the floor was depicted the various rail lines that ran through the area. Then it was on to the Popeye's Chicken at University and Lexington, for a late lunch. The line was shorter today. Don't know if I had ever eaten there when it was a Kentucky Fried Chicken. But I know it was a notable landmark when I wanted to turn to go to the Saints baseball games, as Gabe's bar is also on Lexington.
  I did get a look at the scores from the College World Series, at least the first three games. Indiana did win their opener, over Louisville. Now I need to figure out when I am getting over to Gabe's to see a game on ESPN since I don't have cable. It runs for just over a week so it means finding my way over there sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment