Saturday, June 15, 2013

Famous Dave's BBQ

   I did plenty of errand running in the morning and early afternoon, and capped it with a late lunch at Famous Dave's BBQ. I had a pushy employee ready to take my order trying to tell me about what she likes to have. I said I had eaten there before and just needed to figure out on my own what I wanted. Then I noticed she needed help with entering the order and said to myself: 'Oh, she's new. That explains plenty'.
   I had the Georgia chopped pork and the potato salad, and tried the root beer but it foamed up way too much for me. This happened to another patron after me. Also picked up a loyalty card, buy 6 meals and get the 7th free. It's one of many loyalty programs I've discovered out there. The ambience is good, since there are old ads everywhere, including car ads in the bathroom.
   I liked how I accomplished plenty, starting off with having some change counted and deposited into my savings account at the bank. it was just over seven dollars, five dollars of it was in dimes. On to a  shop on Grand called Avalon, where I got some postcards and a Charlie Brown bendable figurine. I had made a note of this place when I bought a few postcards nearly two weeks earlier while in the area for the Grand Old Day Parade. I liked hearing from an older woman there with what was probably her grandkid say how it was once called 'the Basket Shop', selling various kinds of baskets.
After printing some things at the library, I got advance tickets at O'Reilly Auto Parts for the classic car show at the state fairgrounds next weekend. I had hoped to have lunch at the Popeye's Chicken on University at Lexington, but the line was too long. There were balloons tied to the signs saying 'now open', it may have been the first day. It was flipped over from a Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    In the evening I did finally see my date, but we didn't do much aside from watching the Twins baseball game on Fox against Detroit. The Twins won. Life to the Max on WCCO after the 10pm news and Storm Stories appeared to be a rerun, we watched the first segment about the photographer of various Hollywood personalities and that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment