Sunday, June 23, 2013

Guthrie Theater 50th Anniversary

   I went to the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis today for their 50th anniversary celebration. I got pictures there with my date, we got to wear costume hats. Plenty of costumes from earlier plays were on display. We did attend a lecture about who was Sir Tyrone Guthrie, the theater's founder. Later on we attended a sword-fighting demonstration in one of the theaters. There was plenty of free items, including a 'Cake pop', a lollipop made out of cake. Target was a big sponsor of the event, giving out gift bags including sunglasses. When we met a Scrooge impersonator, I asked what his favorite Scrooge movie was, he said it was Mr. Magoo along with the Muppet version. I said I liked the one with Bill Murray, called 'Scrooged', and hadn't seen those two.
   In the evening after watching 'The Simpsons' I went home and did the typical errand running. When I was at the grocery store one employee did refer to the low number of shopping carts still in the store. I said I could help finding some and I did. I ended up breaking my record for carts returned, as I found 12! I didn't think it was possible to best the old mark- ten. But I kept finding some- one, two, or three at a time. I liked the exercise from walking them back over.   

No comments:

Post a Comment