Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hometown Hawkeye

    I went to an event after work tonight, as the University of Iowa president was speaking at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis. While there I did pick up a sticker that is in the shape of the state of Iowa, and has the Herky logo in the middle. It says 'Hometown Hawkeye' and 'Hopefully you will display this exclusive cling on your car, business, or office window'. I was confident that I didn't have one of these yet. Some of the other items there looked familiar, like the round stickers and the alumni association buttons. Already have two of each, so it means displaying one at home and one at the office.
   This event of course meant a different route to the comedy club tonight, but I didn't mind. I hopped onto the light rail to get there. One comic said he was wearing sunglasses on stage as he just had Lasik surgery.
   We found out the 'Lollipop girl' isn't coming back, after being out on Monday. The boss packed up her belongings and I decided to see if there were any supplies left behind. I did find some staples, so I was pleased to find something of use. It means I will have to get up for staples less often for a while. It also meant I was busier than typical, as I was just one of two people in the department today.

No comments:

Post a Comment