Sunday, June 2, 2013

Grand Old Day

   It was nice to see Grand Old Day, finally. I arrived with my date while the parade was still in progress, and early on I did see a former colleague, the theater guy. He was giving out coupons as a way of promoting the Renaissance Festival. It was a thrill to see him again. We did walk the entire part of Grand Avenue blocked off for this one-day festival. I had a gyro sandwich and some mini donuts. I liked getting a roller girl trading card as a souvenir, which has already been put into the binder. There were some other postcards I got as well, for advertising purposes. Then eventually I got some at a shop just before we left to go back home on the bus. There are six, two were from 'The Simpsons'. Also got one of Audrey Hepburn in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', two of Minnesota, and the final one was the French black cat art which is a lot like the framed artwork I already have. But I like the postcard more so I see myself getting rid of the framed artwork at some point.
   In the evening I called my dad to give an update on the visit to Des Moines for an Iowa Cub game. After this I did pick up on the baseball card project again. I now have over half of the box of a thousand cards in the binders now. I did see some for the USA National team. There may be a higher percentage of Topps cards in this second row. I did get some more duplicates but there still hasn't been all that many. As expected, there aren't many for the expansion teams from 1993 or later. There are a total of just 35 cards for these four teams: the Marlins, Rockies, Diamondbacks and Devil Rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment