Friday, June 7, 2013

Jiffy Lube Postcard

     I was getting caught up on going through the mail and noticed I had two Jiffy Lube postcard coupons. Upon closer examination, it revealed that one of them wasn't mine. When I discovered this I dropped the other one back in a mailbox. This has happened before, where I get another person's mail by mistake. There still was a month to use the discount so it's still valid.
   I did work on the baseball cards some more. I now have the Iowa Cubs team set from 2006 in a binder now. It was likely a stadium giveaway. I did the same with a 50-card set called 'Baseball's all-time greats'. It had 7 of the 8 recipients of the President's Medal of Freedom, all but Buck O'Neil. Much like before, I quit for the night when I ran out of sheets.
   I'm still discovering plenty of World's Fair items. It helps that I am expanding the search beyond just the ones held in North America. I've been finding postcards of American pavilions from various fairs. One of them was a replica of Washington's Mount Vernon home, from a Paris expo in the 1930s. Also found some buttons, and brochures or ads from specific pavilions like the GE pavilion. The Wikipedia article I had printed did speak of how there is a seemingly endless amount of souvenirs, available at garage sales and estate sales. But the article didn't mention E-bay, where I've mostly been searching. I did check Delcampe a little, a European auction site similar to R-bay. They would be even more likely to have plenty from fairs held in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment