Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cancel The Popcorn

    When I was at the comedy club tonight I had to cancel the popcorn as I knew I had gained some weight and having it less often will be a good idea. The show closer was 'The best looking man in comedy'. I have seen him on billboards before, apparently he has done some TV commercials as well.
 According to City Pages, a local free publication, he is a celebrity. At least he is locally famous. I have heard a story from comedian friends about having a friend who wanted to meet somebody famous, and the response was 'I know this guy'.
     I did contact some people on Facebook about possibly appearing on their podcasts or their open-mic shows. I am hopeful to hear something positive soon. I know enough people who have one that I should be able to appear on one at some point. I know I have plenty to talk about in the allotted time, like all of the Charlie Brown and Snoopy collectibles I own. Or my hometown of Newton, Iowa, which to me seems to be a big memorial to Fred Maytag and Emerson Hough. I say this since so many things in town are named for them. And this is yet another set of collectibles that I have been acquiring, and can easily talk about.     

No comments:

Post a Comment