Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cayman Islands Stamps

  One of my E-bay orders arrived earlier today, it was a combo of Charlie Brown stamps. The order  included a set from the Cayman Islands, along with Gibraltar and Portugal. I like seeing the different versions, 17 stamps in all. The ones from the Caymans were a set of 6, and had a vacation theme including things like Charlie Brown at a golf course. Peppermint Patty and Marcie were on their own stamp, but Lucy wasn't on any of them. The ones from Portugal were also a set of 6, but were all just of Snoopy. It was about writing, mailing, and delivering letters. Gibraltar was a set of 5, Snoopy was on all of them with Woodstock on two and Charlie Brown on one. These were from 2001, and I did have another edition from this nation as a first day cover, made two years later. Both had a Christmas theme. It did lead to me deciding to re-arrange my stamp collection in this book. I wanted to get more stamps in it as it was nearly full so I said I needed to put more stamps in each section. There are two sections to a page, and many of the pages now have 8 stamps on them, pretty much the maximum amount. I had to think about the future as I really am just getting started on the stamp collection, as I know there is plenty available on E-bay.
    I did a decent amount of errand running today. I wanted to find a special stamp store- known as a 'philatelic' store- in Burnsville but couldn't. Based on the address I found online, the directions led me to what is a Burger King. But I am aware of how not everything online is accurate or up-to-date. Then eventually I ended up in Woodbury as I wanted to look around there and hadn't in a while. In the evening I did go to a comedy show as I knew two of the performers. The headliner was the same comic I had seen perform in the St. Louis area two years ago. Like many comics, he had merchandise to sell based on his jokes. A shirt was available that said 'flapjacks and tits'.     

No comments:

Post a Comment