Friday, August 30, 2013

Notes From A Comedy Show

    I got an unexpected souvenir at a comedy show tonight, a comic threw his notes at me and I kept them. It was not quite the same as a baseball, but I will take it. What was really odd was how he threw them at me, then went into the crowd to get it back and threw it again. And for some reason it was at the same table, but actually not at me the second time. It is hard to say if they were real notes or 'Dummy notes' as I found it hard to believe that a comic would throw such a thing. Usually, comics guard their notes with their life. There were five items listed, but I don't recall if any of these subjects were actually part of his comedy routine. I don't think I had seen this comic perform before.
    I did sign up to perform but wasn't picked. But I know, like some other clubs, I will get picked more if I sign up more. And I am still new to this particular show, even though many of the performers know me from the other clubs I frequent.
   I didn't know for sure what to expect at work since it was right before a holiday. But thankfully there was no 'crisis before the holiday' like had happened before. I did speak of some of the things that I wanted to get done over the weekend. I know the tourist season is essentially ending so I did speak of wanting to get to a museum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment