Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Property Tax Refunds

   At lunchtime I mailed four items. Two of them were property tax refund forms. In recent years it now appears that I am eligible for one. Previously, I was not, and for this reason I hadn't filed one before. I also got registered for my employer's outing at the state fair later this month, by responding to a survey. It was first available on Tuesday and I didn't want to wait too long on responding since I expect there would be a deadline eventually. I covered for my 'Work spouse' today, and I liked doing that as it meant my day was busier. I did the special requests, and there was 14 of them waiting for me when I got back from lunch.  One of them was a copy and fax request, the others were payoffs.
   At the comedy club tonight I was onstage and I liked trying some new jokes out. I said I needed to do all of my jokes where I mention my dad now as it would be a bad idea to do them when he is in town. One crowd member predicted that I would be famous someday, I said 'Thank you'. It reminds me of how I have done the joke before about Warhol's quote- 'everyone is famous for 15 minutes' as it feels like I have been famous for a little longer than this.
   I placed an E-bay order and it was canceled right away, for a first day cover. The seller said it was damaged and he would try to find another one. I liked how he was up-front with me, as it is necessary in the E-bay community if one wants to sell anything as all of us get rated by the other users. It would take a while for it to arrive anyway, as it was coming from Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment