Saturday, August 3, 2013

Shirtless Dancing Fool With Kilt

    This morning I went back to the Canadian Days festival, in Little Canada. It's because I wanted to do the pancake breakfast and see the bagpipe band from their sister city, Thunder Bay. I already had my festival button from the previous day so I didn't need another one for the pancakes. As expected, it was good that we got in line as early as we did, as we were sitting down with the pancakes before the bagpipe band came marching down the street to play in the park. I recognized one song as 'Scotland The Brave', after searching for bagpipe music on Youtube in the past year. There was no dancing girl this year, though she still seemed to be there taking pictures up close of the band. Last year a crowd member said she had injured her knee.
   There was a shirtless dancing fool with a kilt at this event, much like in a previous year but can't recall which one. But it was a green kilt, and the ones worn by the bagpipers are red. It was nice to see somebody enjoying themselves, though I did keep my distance from him. I did get a picture of this man. I once knew the town drunk in my hometown in small-town Iowa, so I wasn't sure if he belonged in the same category.
   It was nice to see some old haunts today in this town as I am a former resident of Little Canada. I decided to drive past the apartment building I lived in. But this is a small suburb so I'm not sure what I have for old haunts besides this festival. It did get me thinking about the ones I have in other areas, like St. Paul's East Side. So in the evening I went to have some Little Caesar's pizza, actually across the road in Maplewood. I wanted to have some since one much closer to me had closed recently. Then it was to get the Blizzard of the month at Dairy Queen, Smores, and the Dairy Queen wasn't too far away.
   I saw a friend at the clubs this week that suggested I see a show this weekend, since I saw the same comic in Sioux Falls last week. So I did tonight. I like seeing the weekend shows as there are longer sets than at open-mics.
   In other issues, I ended a relationship today. This is something that I take no joy whatsoever in doing. I said I was fine with remaining friends, as we did have some things in common that I greatly valued. This definitely includes history, attending museums and such. And as Forrest Gump said, 'And that's all I've got to say about that.'               

No comments:

Post a Comment