Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lindsey Stirling

     I just watched another video of Youtube, it was a Lindsey Stirling song. It was 'Radioactive', a cover of the Imagine Dragons song. This was a collaboration with Pentatonix, who sang the words while Lindsey does what she does best, play the violin. In all honesty, it was all right but I liked her cover of 'My Immortal' by Evanescence more as it was mostly her on the violin. She did have other musicians, as she was accompanied by a piano but there were no words. I liked reading her story on Wikipedia, being discovered on 'America's got talent' and then promoting herself online. I was intrigued when I saw mention in the airline magazine this weekend. What caught my eye was her album cover, going for the attractive but still a little nerdy look, sitting next to her violin on a bench.
   I saw a decent number of friends at the comedy club tonight, including the Oklahoma native that does the 'Balding' joke though now he just speaks of being bald. Later on it was the Fargo native, who said she could have benefited from being taught about gay men in school. This would have prevented her from trying to sleep with so many of them in college. The Yemen native did a joke about being a citizen now, how he's no longer afraid of being deported for jaywalking. I liked seeing some of the Cardinals-Pirates baseball game on TV after the show was done.       

No comments:

Post a Comment