Thursday, August 15, 2013

Governor Branstad Speeding

    I heard from my dad by voicemail and he wanted to tell me about a commercial related to Iowa governor Terry Branstad in a speeding SUV. I had heard about the state trooper who stopped the vehicle was fired. It did make me laugh when I found it on Youtube, as it was set to the tune of 'East bound and down' by Jerry Reed, from the movie 'Smokey and the Bandit'. One of the comments said it will be a fun election. Apparently this was a commercial done by a political opponent, but the election will not be until next year. I used to live in Iowa but I of course no longer pay much attention to the politics there as I can no longer vote for or against them.
    Went to the St. Paul Saints game tonight, they beat Sioux Falls 12-8 but the Saints led 12-3 entering the 9th. I went as it was German Night. There were some Hasselhoff references like the karaoke guy doing 'Hooked on a feeling', apparently a song David Hasselhoff once sang. It reminds me of the joke on the 'Weekend update' portion of 'Saturday Night Live' as the anchor liked to say 'Germans sure do like David Hasselhoff' as he starred in the two most popular shows there: 'Knight Rider' and 'Baywatch'. I was getting annoyed by the man sitting behind me as he was a 'Doomsayer'- rappers might call him a 'Hater' as he kept saying to his companion 'Told you', predicting the Saints would find a way to lose like the previous night, when it went 12 innings and 4 hours. The man next to them was no better, being critical of a dropped infield fly ball and giving a 'Nervous laugh' about it. I do my best to ignore these kinds of people as they bring out the worst in me.
   This brings me to the grouchy woman on the bus this morning. When she had to move, per the driver's request, she asked why the aisles were so narrow. The driver said she didn't build it, and asked if she wanted to get out now. If not, then be quiet. I liked how the driver had a 'No nonsense' attitude towards her. Many just put up with her.
   At lunchtime I felt bad about seeing some food and drink on top of a newspaper box, I threw both items out. It looked like the hot dog hadn't been eaten at all and the can of soda pop was open but nearly full.            

No comments:

Post a Comment