Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fort Snelling

   I went to Fort Snelling with my dad after church today. They had a nice meal in the basement after services so we stayed for it, it was a free will offering. It included some little potatoes that I really like. This was at the Central Presbyterian Church in downtown St. Paul. There was work on the organ so worship was in a smaller room, I knew it had been a fellowship hall. It was the first time I had seen the basement.
   I had seen Fort Snelling before, but I think it was the first time since 2009. It was their Civil War weekend, it was nice to see the costumed re-enactors marching and shooting rifles and a cannon. There is a nice view from some parts of the fort. It started with an orientation video at the visitor center and I finished the tour there as well, since I wanted to look at souvenirs. I did buy 3 postcards. We went straight to the airport right after being at the fort since it was nearby. I didn't do a 'Drop and leave' visit as I wanted a more proper goodbye than this. So I saw that he was checked in for the flight, a boarding pass, and the bag checked as well. Then we went our separate ways after he entered the line to go through security.
   It was still a full day for me as I had a first date in the evening, at Pizza Luce. Don't know if I had been to one before, it was the one in uptown Minneapolis. We had nice conversation for a while, and then a walk back to my car where we said our final words for the night.                       

No comments:

Post a Comment