Thursday, August 29, 2013

Half Gallon Of Milk On Pavement

    I am the type that picks up trash. At midday while doing a walk downtown I saw a half gallon of milk on the pavement. So I put it in the nearest trash bin. I thought very little of this, until I saw another one at the end of my workday while waiting for the bus. But this time I left it alone. Was somebody trying to make some statement about hunger or waste? I have no idea.
   I watched just one episode of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight, as there was no show in primetime. Two and a half men was on for a full hour instead. The syndicated rerun of 'Bang' was one I had seen before, about how a lie backfired, involving a fake cousin Leopold. I shut off the TV and got some things done around my home, then went out for a walk around the neighborhood. I was planning on a long walk but it looked like it might rain, even though it didn't. I sent two grocery carts back to the store and picked up three pop can tabs. Then I went home and fell asleep in my easy chair, still a fine way to spend the evening.
   I had heard about Eminem releasing another album, and I found a song from it on Youtube, called 'Berzerk'. I will likely need to listen to it some more before I get used to it. I noticed he had samplings from a Billy Squier song. I liked a line where he asks if 'You Bozos are smart enough to feel stupid'. This is the kind of word-smithing that I really like about rap, making you think. I also heard a reference to the Kardashians in it, but Eminem is known for making fun of famous people. Before finding it I listened to 'Need a Doctor'. I like this one as it has plenty of passion, singing about and with his mentor Dr. Dre. 'You risked your career for me' really resonates with me.        

No comments:

Post a Comment