Thursday, August 22, 2013

National Park State Quarters

   More of my E-bay orders arrived today. Two of them were in the same envelope, as I had ordered some of those national park state quarters. I cheated a little as I had just been content with finding them when I get change. But these two were Mississippi and Puerto Rico, and neither one were from this year. I paid $3 for the quarters, so it wasn't that much over face value. I can think of it as the cost of shipping.
       I don't think this series has had as many minted as series one, from 1999-2008. According to Wikipedia there hasn't been as many. I liked the feeling of being caught up in my collection when I added them in the album, as I currently have 18. One of them was actually minted in San Francisco, and I know very little is minted there now as it is mostly just Denver and Philadelphia. I did see the order did say 'S' but this meant nothing to me until it arrived. The same is true with mention of  'Uncirculated' on the item description when ordering it. 
    I got the Nevada quarter when I got change at McDonald's this week. There are two more this year- Maryland and South Dakota. I will do my best to pay attention when those are circulated. Naturally I still want a page for the territory series from 2009, and I know I can order it on E-bay. Those six are still taped to an index card. But it can wait a little longer. The other order was a first day cover, of the Pan-Am Games in Winnipeg in 1999. I already had the earlier one held in that city, from 1967, but it was more like a postcard. There are two more orders on the way, both postcards I ordered this week.
   I took a walk after watching two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. It was probably two miles round trip as I was out for 90 minutes. In addition, I liked seeing a comment on an entry from last year about loyalty programs, specifically airline miles. I noticed I had changed my mind since then, as I spoke of 'Liquidating' one account and exchanging the miles for Paypal money or gift cards. I think I decided not to do this was due to the fees involved. As the saying goes, nothing in life is free.          

No comments:

Post a Comment