Friday, August 16, 2013

First Time Guest Set

   I did my first guest set at one of the comedy clubs I frequent. It was the late show. My dad saw me do comedy for the first time, he kept telling me he had wanted to. He liked the one about coming from a family that has been coming to Minnesota for a while. It dates back to his favorite uncle, a bachelor, who hopped trains during the Depression in New Ulm. This is a town I like to visit for Oktoberfest. I also did one about being at the writer's convention last week, had run out of time at the open-mic night for it earlier this week. It went fairly well but I was used to seeing a time light to know how much time was left. I can adjust though, as I've done it before.
   My dad is in town for the weekend, met him at the airport after work in the early evening. I wasn't home for long as I knew I needed to get to the airport. I picked up my postal mail and responded to one email and that was it. After we were done there we went to eat dinner at the Subway near my home. I did hear some about how my siblings are doing, unfortunately not that well. My sister's house is poorly kept and apparently now has three dogs and some cats. I had heard about two dogs, and that alone sounded like it was too hard to handle for anyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment