Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fast Food Nation

   I went to Walgreen tonight and bought multiple items in order to get 2000 points for my loyalty program card. This included the movie 'Fast Food Nation' on DVD. I had seen it at the theater but haven't seen it since. I knew it was based on a book, that was also a series of magazine articles. There is an all star cast, including Greg Kinnear. I also recall Avril Lavigne, the singer, having a cameo. They cover the marketing part of it along with the serving of it, and even go to the slaughterhouses.
   Besides this, I also got more sheet protectors for stamp collecting as I had just run out- after getting two first day covers on Monday. The first item I picked up was a Hallmark book of 'Charlie Brown and Snoopy' notes. I needed to spend at least $10- and did- in order to get the points, according to a recent email.
   I went to the store after going to the comedy club. The show closer was also the show runner, the Mason City native. He did sort of give me a shout out, referring to somebody who sounded like Santa Claus as apparently I said 'Ho Ho Ho' after a joke. I said I say 'Yep' when I agree but I am not laughing- a 'Sad but true'. And it's a 'Wow' for a risqué joke. He said this response means it's a genius joke, I said I like that. I said I was Jabba the Hutt as this was another part of the shout out. I liked how I heard the 'I'm not Neil' joke from an earlier comic again. I kept laughing throughout when he was telling it.          

No comments:

Post a Comment