Monday, August 5, 2013

New Hire No-Go

   Early this morning at work I got an email from my boss saying the new hire was a no-go. Not sure why, other than he may have had another offer. He was scheduled to begin today. So it means they will be interviewing again and it means getting by a little longer, like two weeks or so. It hasn't been that big of a deal to et by wit who we've got. But I know they want someone in place so we have coverage for the holiday season, when many of us are using up vacation days before year-end.   
   At the comedy club tonight I was asked about the movie that I have been cast for. I said I hadn't heard anything lately as to specifically when the filming will be happening. At this point I understand it would be in September, but trying to figure out how schedules will work for all of those involved. When it is still a little way off, it is best to describe it as 'still in flux'.
    One comic sure looked familiar, a middle-aged woman who tried to act like a dominatrix as she had a whip on stage. But I commented to another comic near me that it felt like she was trying too hard. The Cardinals were on TV at the bar, playing the Dodgers. There was plenty at the bottom of the screen- it was on ESPN- about the suspensions due to drug use, especially about 'A-Rod'. But he plans to appeal his suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment