Wednesday, August 28, 2013

You Can Be Done Now

    I was onstage tonight at the comedy club. There was one comic before me who was unsure about how much time he had left. The show runner also is time keeper, and said 'You can be done now' and got a much bigger laugh than the comic- who I know for the 'Pump and Munch' joke-did. He said he couldn't leave the stage knowing somebody else got a better laugh. But I think he really had no choice since he couldn't think of anything funnier with the remaining time.
   I was at the state fair this afternoon, it was a team building event with my employer. It did lead to some jokes I did tonight. I liked seeing what was at the Fine Arts Building as usual. I voted for the 'Barbie doll as a flight attendant' artwork and liked the one of the truck stop in Eagleville, MO, which had slot machines and a chapel- right next to each other. Other notable sights included the $5 charge for whining sign at a food establishment in Heritage Square. I had to get a picture of that sign. With one colleague I was surprised to find out he plays tennis, when he mainly wants to say to me  'Cheer for the purple' (meaning, the Vikings). I am used to how we talk about what we value the most and first, so I didn't expect to ear how he actually plays a sport as he sounded just like a spectator.
As usual, I got a can of black pepper Spam, as the Spam exhibit has some offbeat flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment