Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Inverted Jenny Stamp

    I was checking the Postal Service website earlier today for more first day covers and was surprised to find out what is due up soon: the inverted 'Jenny' stamp in September. I had heard before about collectibles that are worth more due to a mistake, since they had to stop making them. I am surprised that they are doing another version of an upside down plane, nearly 100 years later. As I recall it had currently the option of pre-ordering it, so it wouldn't arrive right away. The four baseball players from last year are still available there, so I won't necessarily have to go order those on E-bay.
    At the comedy club tonight the pregnant Southern girl was the MC. After the show she said she recognized my laugh. My 'bestie' was there as well. He led off with the 'Slowpoke' joke. The 'Bathtub' comic was a fill-in, and after the show I said I liked the 'Party Foul' joke that was on his CD. I hadn't heard it in a while. I said this is a really good example of how comedy has given me plenty, as it has helped me with how to talk. I have used this term a few times since hearing it from this comic. I did say it was not a joke how I was single again. I have heard this one before, hoe some things are just jokes. But usually I say to people if I am sharing something onstage that I wish I was making it up. This means it is painful to me, but less painful after I have shared it since I have released it.

No comments:

Post a Comment