Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Released Balloons, Musical Chairs

   I went to the National Night Out event in my neighborhood tonight. I knew I needed to go to it eventually after being online for a little while after work. I got a hot dog and what equaled a whole cookie, and shortly thereafter they were done serving food. They started to close up shop kind of early as there was a threat of rain. I saw the kids playing musical chairs. As they were taking down the tent they also released the balloons. I followed their flight as long as I could. This did remind me of when we released balloons in elementary school. A note was included in hopes that whoever found it would contact us so then we knew how far it traveled. In many ways it was meant to be an educational exercise, at least I understand this now.
   At the comedy club tonight, a friend was MC- the one that does the neck tattoo joke. The headliner had a CD out as of recently, and does the joke about hiding his lady's birth control pills in her cake. I already have four CDs made by comedian friends. There are likely a few more that I would like to have, unsure if this one is on my list as don't see this comic quite as much as the others. It is infrequent at best.          

No comments:

Post a Comment