Friday, August 2, 2013

Irish Temper, Polish Humor

   I went to Canadian Days tonight, in Little Canada, after I finished with work for the day. I did make it in time to partake of the corn on the cob feed. While there I saw a man with a shirt on that said 'Warning: Irish temper, Polish humor'. I have a good idea what this means, as it suggests a really bad combination. I have heard 'get their Irish up' before. I was wearing my buttons from 1976 and 1985, in addition to this year's, but nobody noticed. Or at least nobody commented about it.
   I was at the festival for about an hour, and had some pizza as well from one of the food trailers. After the event, I went to do laundry. I could tell that the other patrons were fully aware of when the doors would lock up as they all left for a while and came back right before the doors locked. I stayed there the entire time except to use the bathroom at a nearby business. Naturally, I finished with the washing and drying well before they did.
    There is plenty of plywood up covering what had been the windows. I got a picture of it when I was outside. I am unsure as to why and how long it will be up. Also noticed how they took down what is best described as areas to plant flowers, where the glass had met the rest of the wall. It was just as well, since I often found trash in this area. I would pick up this trash and then place it in the metal trash cans inside the laundry facility.   

No comments:

Post a Comment