Monday, August 19, 2013

Postage Stamps From Israel

   Three of my E-bay orders arrived earlier today, and one of them was from Israel, a first day cover. I don't think I had seen stamps from Israel before. There are two on the envelope. One has a flower on it. The other appears to be marking an anniversary, in French it says '150 years of the Israeli Universal Alliance'. There is a black and white group picture, and next to it is a full color picture of palm trees outside a building. It was sent from the town of Haifa, and I can name few towns there besides Tel Aviv. With the other two, it was a first day cover and a postcard of the grave of Ann Rutledge, wo was part of the Abraham Lincoln story. Little else was notable about the mail today. But I am used to it by now. There are days when all I get is E-bay orders, or nothing at all. I like it when there is no junk mail to shred, although shredding can be fun as well.
   At the comedy club tonight, I did see a performer who happens to be a contestant in the club's semifinal round. He is a Belarus native and did his routine with an accent. I also saw a comic now based in California, originally from Wisconsin, who does a podcast. I expressed interest in being a part of it at some point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment