Monday, August 12, 2013

Proxy Server Not Responding

      I have had an error message off and on for about three weeks now that my 'Proxy server is not responding'. So I finally decided to call Century Link, my Internet provider, about it again. Earlier, they said they needed to have it plugged in, and it isn't when I am not using it. In that case I was calling from work so I was unable to go plug it in right away of course. The call took longer than it should have, about 45 minutes. In the end, I got my Internet browser up before it was recommended by the operator to uncheck (or bypass) the proxy server once I was informed where I could find it.
   At the comedy club tonight an early comic I said was trying too hard and doing too many puns. I liked hearing from the 'Extra murder' comic who did talk about visiting a strip club and dealing with a crowd member. So he kept saying 'ooh' and after he was onstage I also suggested 'Like a seal barking it up' if this sounds enough like it. The show closer was the music major turned bartender. He did bring back the one about singing in Italian as a pickup line and this was the way to unhook a woman's bra. It reminded me of another one he has done before where he sings like an opera singer after being stabbed, where he stays on a swear word so it is drawn out.           

No comments:

Post a Comment