Monday, December 30, 2013

Brooklyn Football Jersey

      I called the History Book Club and was told I could send back the books just by writing 'Refused' and 'Return to sender' on the box as I hadn't opened it yet. So I did so at the post office near my office. When I was in line I was next to somebody who had a leather NHL organizer. At first I expected the jersey with him to be hockey as well, but found out it was football. He said it was for the Brooklyn Dodgers of the now-defunct AAFC. This league merged with the NFL in the 1950s and some of their teams survived the merger, like the San Francisco 49ers. I briefly got a look at the jersey before I was called and I think the uniform number was 48, it was white with blue letters. He said it had to say 'Brooklyn Football' as the baseball team in Los Angeles didn't allow the 'Dodgers' name to be used on it. This did remind me of how I am familiar with some of the intellectual property laws, or lack thereof. I am familiar with how some songs are basically the same, likely since those intellectual property laws didn't exist then. This includes how 'Green sleeves' and 'What child is this' are the same song, or even 'God save the Queen' and 'My country tis of thee' are also the same song.
    At the comedy club tonight, two comics ran the light, and I didn't have any heartburn about it as I didn't think either of them was funny. The first one was wearing a weird red helmet. I liked how one comic did the IED/IUD joke. The 'Extra murder' comic did the one about the teacher being unable to say 'Washington' correctly. I did say to the neck tattoo comic how I'd like to do the 'Ring of honor' photo soon. He was onstage tonight, but really didn't have the time tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment