Sunday, December 22, 2013

We're The Millers Movie

     I went to a Redbox inside a McDonald's at midday and got the movie 'We're the Millers'. It had been promoted at the comedy club, and I have a poster from it. This movie was all right, but cheesy in some places. I did like the jokes about 'Real-life Flanders'- as a 'Simpsons' fan- and someone else looking like Eminem. There were outtakes in the credits and these were funny as well. It was about a drug dealer, stripper, virgin, and runaway posing as a family while doing a drug run in Mexico. Hard to say what made the movie, it may have been when they met another family with an RV. Having some star power in it helped of course, as Jennifer Aniston played the stripper. I had the movie in my possession for just under eight hours, long enough to watch it and get it back to McDonald's. I was out of breath trying to get over there by the time I expected the store to close, 9pm. I didn't want to wait until the next day to return it even though there would have been no extra charge.
   I called my dad tonight while watching the Bears-Eagles football game, it was in the fourth quarter and the Bears were already way behind by then. I placed two more E-bay orders for World's Fair postcards, specifically Chicago 1933. It was an interior view of Fort Dearborn, and a cartoonish one of young women at the beach. When searching for more ideas online I found out there were plenty of sites that have these World's Fair postcards, even if they are not for sale there. One of these was Flickr, the photo sharing site, and I hadn't seen this site in a while. It is a good idea to try various sites as selection can vary, but I am pleased already by what I have found on E-bay. I know Amazon is another good one to try, but I have placed just one order there so far. The Wikipedia article about the World's Fair did say there is a 'Seemingly endless supply of souvenirs still available'.  I wrote down the names of nearly twenty different sites that mentioned having these postcards when I did a Yahoo search. It did yield a few that I hadn't seen yet, like an interior view of the Ford Building and one of the Walgreen Building. Now it means going more in-depth to find out where these are for sale. I prefer to minimize the number of accounts I open, especially if I may just place one order there. So it is best to try accounts that are already open first, like Delcampe and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment