Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Other Winter Coat

     When I was about to leave for the comedy club tonight I couldn't find my gloves. Then I looked at my coat and realized they were in the other winter coat, so I switched to the one that had them. Actually I have three, but the third hasn't been used for a while. It was a Navy coat given by a college roommate, and I can't bear to part with it even though the lining is torn and it sounded expensive to repair. At the comedy club the couple that calls themselves 'Salsa and ranch' performed back to back near the end of the show. I like his joke about an office version of 'Scared straight', since I work in an office and what he references isn't lost on me. The show runner made mention after the show about the sales of the latest Lady Gaga album being subpar, since he knows I am a Lady Gaga fan. I said I knew she has been promoting it by appearing on 'Saturday Night Live' and of course the Muppet holiday special. The next thing of course would be a concert tour, but I currently just saw mention of shows in New York City. I am familiar with 'Applause' from this album but little else.
    I did place an E-bay order this evening, after doing some research and found some World's Fair postcards, from four different fairs. One is from Seattle 1909, and I don't have one from this fair yet. The others were from Chicago 1933, New York 1939, and Montreal 1967. I already had 34 World's Fair postcards, but it didn't occur to me earlier how easily I could build up my collection by narrowing the search to postcard lots. I had mostly been getting single cards, and the postcard lots are even more bang for my buck. Though even with postcard lots, some deals are better than others. It also means paying attention to what is in each listing. I prefer those where all of them are new to me. Unsure what I would do with a duplicate card. Naturally sometimes I need to try alternate searches, to master the possibilities. Sometimes the more rare cards are in these lots. Same as with any other orders, I still have a spending limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment