Thursday, December 5, 2013

'The Monster' By Eminem And Rihanna

      I was watching 'The Fly Show' tonight and it said 'The Monster' by Eminem and Rihanna is currently the number one song in the Twin Cities. Well I have heard it on the radio and I do like it, as it is relatable. 'I'm friends with the monster under my bed'. How a bad influence, fears, demons, can still be too comfortable and familiar. I did check Youtube and it did list other songs that these two musicians have performed together. Of course there is 'Love the way you lie'. The other I am not near as familiar with- it is called 'Numb'. At first look it was weird, for lack of a better term.
  Recently there were some other Eminem songs I liked listening to, and I just found them again. There was 'no love' with Lil Wayne. I recognized how they sampled from a song now famous in a Saturday Night Live skit that eventually became the movie 'Night At The Roxbury'. The one about the two men who go clubbing and like to slam-dance or mosh. This song is about a bullied kid, and I know Pink did a song about this subject as well. The other one was 'Space Bound', about a relationship with a woman. Since it did depict a little domestic violence it reminded me of 'Love the way you lie'. I still like how Eminem is really clever in his word-smithing, as he does say 'Evil spelled backwards' at one point. Of course the word is 'Live'.
      I am still going through listings of World's Fair postcards on E-bay. I hadn't done this in a while, especially with the two fairs held in New York in 1939 and 1964. It is helpful to see which one has a 'Lone listing' as I should order these first. It can lead to more findings as the listings can ebb and flow.
   At work I did get to see more of the letter ordering on the paid in full and settled in full offers. It does make more sense once you're actually doing it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment