Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reality Bites

    This morning, I watched another one of the DVD's I bought recently: 'Reality Bites'. I don't think I had seen it much since seeing it at the theater. It was part of the 'Triple feature' I got at Walgreen, all of them starring Ben Stiller. The other two were 'Mystery Men' and 'Along Came Polly'. I've seen the former but not the latter. Since I claim Janeane Garofalo as a comedy influence I liked seeing her in 'Reality Bites'. I liked seeing this movie as it was a 'Coming of age' story. Though of course the story is mainly about the Winona Ryder character, especially the love triangle. When seeing it at the theater I recall well that they were watching an episode of 'One day at a time'. I liked seeing a Social Distortion song in it, 'Story of my life' when doing the video clips with the same name as the movie title.
   In the early afternoon I had a dental appointment, cavity fillings. I did eat lunch before getting there, stopping at a Cub Foods. It was a simple lunch, a Spam Single, a small bag of Lay's BBQ, and at the vending machine a can of Hawaiian Punch. Considering the dental work being done it was a good idea I ate in advance. I went to the bathroom right before and right after the procedure. I liked getting a coupon applied to the total, as I had to admit the cost was one reason why I delayed it for months. But finding the time was another, as I prefer to avoid taking time off from work. Well I already had the day off so that made it easier for me.
   In the evening I did watch two 'Big Bang Theory' episodes. The syndicated rerun was one I had seen before, where Howard is at the ER for a peanut allergy, a ruse for a surprise birthday party for Leonard. As usual I liked a line from Penny: making a deal with Howard, and it meant setting up one of her friends with him. The primetime episode was also a rerun, from early in the season where Leonard returned early from being at sea. After that I took a walk around the neighborhood, despite it being winter it was still bearable for me. I didn't see much trash to pick up, though one item was an empty bag of 'Professional Ice Melter'- a 50-pound bag.
    An E-bay order arrived, The Covered Wagon restaurant postcard. I made two more orders as well, one of them was Expo 67 postcards. At $8.50 I liked getting more than ten for less than a dollar apiece. The other order was when I was willing to check the 'Bid on' items- and found another one from the Chicago 1933 fair I liked. It was the General Motors building, and got it for $1.50. I just  happened to discover it about 30 minutes before the end of the auction. I gleaned a few more ideas from looking at the auction items, like another railroad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment