Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Lipton Pureleaf Ice Tea

      I'm looking at a cap that says 'Lipton Pure-leaf'. It's a nice reminder of how I like to take on a challenge. I passed by a file cabinet at work when submitting a report today and saw it. But I needed a ruler to fish it out. For those who know me best they know I do things like this- pick up other people's trash.
   I did a half-day at work, there wasn't much to do today due to the holiday. My primary duty, special requests, was nonexistent. I had to cover for a colleague who was out so I was still busy for a while, with a share of a payoff report. There were some returned documents that had piled up as well, so I got them entered in the system and re-filed well before when I left at midday. I ate in the skyway before getting on the bus for home. I stopped at The Nectary, first time in a while. They now have a loyalty program with a smart-phone app. I am pleased that it is accepted at various other places, like Candyland which is also downtown. The program is called 'Belly'. An E-bay order arrived, the World's Fair postcard of the General Motors building, Chicago 1933. So now there are 34 cards from this fair, and a total of 72 from all fairs.
    I stayed in tonight for a while as there was no comedy show to attend. Eventually I did get on the road for a church service. I don't know why I was afraid to drive there after seeing the snowfall, unless it was because I didn't want to brush the snow off my car that bad. I got around just fine. I kept laughing when they played 'Silent Night' as I thought of a joke that my 'Bestie' does about the song. I sent a message on Facebook about it. Now I am watching 'Yule Log' on Channel 45, as this is sort of my Christmastime tradition now. They did play a song from Charlie Brown Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment