Friday, December 20, 2013

Curt Teich, or Curteich

    I tried another way of researching World's Fair postcards online-besides E-bay- in order to get more ideas on what to order. It led to a discovery of one of the card companies. It was Curt Teich, or Curteich, founded by a German immigrant who died in the 1970s. The archives were donated to a suburban Chicago library, in Wauconda which is in Lake County. According to some online articles, one collection contains 3,000 postcards! So what I have, under a hundred, pales in comparison. I liked how the Wikipedia article helped with clues on understanding the numbering system on the cards, including the year made. I did order another card today, had to bid on it since it. There are a few more ideas but some will have to wait. I have a list of 12 that I've cut to 6 and will likely have to be cut some more, as I still have to think of my budget.
    I went to the comedy club tonight and one comic really ripped up a heckler. This was the comic that does the killing a spider/killing a bee joke. I got a few more shout-outs and I still like to get these. At work I covered for a colleague who was out of the office by doing the special requests in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment