Sunday, December 15, 2013

Plastic Grocery Bags

     I still had some chores and errand running to do today, and got started on it fairly early. This included going into the closet and cleaning out the plastic grocery store bags. I ended up sending 3 bags full back to the store. I think they had piled up over the past year. As I recall I last donated them over Thanksgiving weekend that year. I recognized some of them that I kept, as it included ones from South Dakota- the Mitchell Corn Palace and Mount Rushmore. I also kept one from Blockbuster Video, since they are doing liquidation sales and this serves as a good souvenir. I also took out the trash and recycling.
    In the afternoon I did try to watch some of the Vikings-Eagles football game on TV but I fell asleep in the second half, the Vikings were up 27-22 at the time and when I woke up they were ahead 41-30. They went on to win 48-30. One of the things I got around to at this time was preparing three Christmas cards for those who just sent them to me. After the game ended, eventually I made it over to the fitness center. It was my first visit there in a while. I did the pedaling machines, I like those as I can sit down and it is easier on my back. When I showered after I was done I thought about how it was the only time I showered over the weekend, as sometimes I don't get around to it much on days when I don't work.
     In the evening I watched 'The Simpsons', a Christmas episode where guests came to Springfield to see snow. I also watched some of the Bengals-Steelers football game but fell asleep after a while. I placed an E-bay order for a postcard of The Covered Wagon restaurant in Chicago, thinking of course of Emerson Hough, who wrote the novel 'Covered Wagon'. There are also postcards of a location in St. Paul, so it is on my list to order at some point.   

No comments:

Post a Comment