Sunday, December 8, 2013

Wi-fi At Laundromat?

     This was an eventful day, starting off with getting laundry done. About midway through it I was asked what book I was reading. It was 'Nickel and Dimed' by Barbara Ehrenreich. I got to know this young man fairly well during this time at the Laundromat. He spoke of playing sports for much of his life, and is now interested in selling insurance. I said I had worked in life insurance, but not sales as it was customer service and billing. When he asked for contact information I gave a business card. I did have to say that I was likely a little rusty on some things about insurance as I haven't worked in that field for a while. But I may be of some help if he plans on taking exams related to it. I was asked if I knew the Wi-Fi password at this business, I did not. He brought his laptop and showed me the website where he is taking online courses.
  In the afternoon I went to see a play, 'The sexual life of savages', at the Minneapolis Theater Garage. This was the same venue where I saw Torch Theater do three episodes of 'Mary Tyler Moore'. I think it was my first visit to this theater since then. The photo on the front of the program was misleading, as there was no snake used in this play but it would be hard to have a snake during live theater. I understand it was a modernized version of a story from the 1920s. There was just five actors in it, and I did like the play as it was relatable. It was about relationships. There was a warning about nudity in it, actually it was partial nudity and very brief. The characters were believable as they seemed to be like some of the people I've known throughout my life.
   It was tough going through the winter weather after the play, as I drove over to the East Metro for a dinner date at a Chili's Restaurant. I got to the Roseville library and knew I wouldn't be on time so I stopped there and called. I liked how they have card machines at the table and don't need to give your card to a server to run it. After the date I went over to a Kohl's to use a gift card for some clothing. There is three dollars left on it, eventually I will figure out what to get to finish the card.  

No comments:

Post a Comment