Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Socrates And Air

      I liked the show closer at the comedy club tonight. He started off with intelligent humor, about Socrates teaching a lesson to a kid. He wanted air, after nearly drowning. I listened to the comic after the show and he said he had played college basketball at the U. of Washington. The show runner did a joke I really liked about being accepted to a college, Globe University. So was her dad, who she said is no longer alive. It was also a joke as she already has an MBA. I know this as one of those 'for-profit' colleges and they have been in the news before due to allegations of fraud.
   At work I was shown a new process, sending out settlement letters, in the afternoon. But I still need I.T. access to this system. It will be nice to pick up another skill though. I didn't like having this training session done entirely at another cube, but my boss really wants this to happen so he isn't letting the lack of I.T. access prevent the training from happening. It of course will mean more when I am able to read through what I was given. Then I am more likely to understand it on my own terms and ask any questions if need be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment