Saturday, December 28, 2013

Olympic Hockey Warmup

    This afternoon I went to the Xcel Energy Center in downtown St. Paul and saw a hockey game, it was a warm-up for the Olympic Games. It was my first-ever women's hockey game, the US team was playing the Canada team. The US team won, but it went to a shootout, with the US getting the only goal in the shootout.  The US team had a goal midway through the first, and at the end of the second. The Canada team tied it 2-2 with goals about a minute apart midway through the third. It was shortly after a coincidental minor penalty happened, and then the tying goal was on a power play. I bought a program during the first intermission, after asking another fan where they found one. The team picture had all of the players in uniform, but the individual pictures had them in street clothes. Just under half of them were wearing dresses or skirts. I guess this kind proves that sex sells, even in hockey.
    There was some errand running to do before and after the game. I went to the Best Buy in Roseville to pay on my account, since they billed me for Anti-Virus protection on my laptop, It is
the only thing now billed on the card annually. While there I looked at DVDs and got two, along with a Bart Simpson magnet. One of the DVDs was also Simpsons- Christmas episodes, first edition, five episodes. I recently got the second edition, four episodes, from Blockbuster. While there I saw the grouchy woman from the bus, but didn't talk to her. She had her fold-up grocery cart with her. Also near me was some people saying they wanted R. Kelly music.
   Before I left to handle this errand I saw a box waiting for me. It was from the History Book Club, and I said I didn't order any books. I did send a message online to them later on, asking them to cancel my account. Usually I respond to their email saying not to send their selections, but for some reason I was taken off their email list. It proves it was too hard to keep up with them, especially when I hadn't ordered any books in a while. I hadn't even included it as one of my memberships when recently taking inventory in my record book. I thought of it as an inactive one, since there was no fee to be paid. I will have to figure out what to do with the books, if I need to pay postage to send them back. But I haven't opened the box just yet.
    After the game I went to the Blockbuster Video liquidation sale. I bought two new videos, it was 'Shrek 2' and the Johnny Cash biopic 'Walk The Line'. I also got two Butterfinger candy bars. When I got back I checked my phone and there was a message waiting, we spoke for a while as it was an online match. We are planning on having dinner next weekend.       

No comments:

Post a Comment