Thursday, December 26, 2013

Team by Lorde

     I was driving over to the comedy club tonight after printing some event tickets at the library. I heard one song on my car radio and wondered if it was by Lorde, since the voice sounded familiar. I wrote down the lyrics 'I'm kind of over' and 'So there'- found out it was Lorde, the song is called 'Team'. I liked finding the video on Youtube, as she raises her hands and arms up to her shoulders at one point. This seemed familiar to me, in some ways I see it as a mind exercise, keeping focused while busy. Her big hit 'Royals' was catchy, I like knowing she has some other good songs out there. It was a good comedy show as usual, though not typical. It was at a bar that had two stages- and the other was for karaoke. I haven't done karaoke, they alternated it with the comedy performers. I was one of the comedy performers, and one of the jokes I did was about how I spent my Christmas.
   I watched two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. The syndicated rerun was when Raj got an honor from People magazine, and he takes Penny as his guest since he gets arrogant and alienates his colleagues at the university. The prime time episode was when the gang plays Dungeons and Dragons, after Amy is put on the no-fly list. Originally the girls planned on going to Las Vegas. Raj bowed out of the game after getting a date with Lucy. This is one storyline that I am annoyed by: because Lucy keeps bailing on Raj. It's too much like Lucy pulling the football away in the 'Charlie Brown' specials.
   I made the most of my day off, reading some back issues of the paper from the month of May. I also made it over to one place to see about a Charlie Brown and Snoopy statue lead. It did lead to finding one, though not at the same place, still in the West Metro. Somehow I stumbled onto one, after the directions I was given, it may have been the same one. Hard to say if I will find more, as I already was low on ideas. It meant something to get one if at all possible this month, but entering the new year I am wondering if it's worthwhile to continue when I've already found more than expected. I've found over 170, and expected to run out of ideas before reaching 100.
   An E-bay order arrived, another Chicago World's Fair postcard, this one was Thompson Restaurant. So now I have 35 from this fair. There was two other postcards thrown in, I know the listing said to expect it. One was of the Ford Bronco from the 1970s and the other was a hotel in Milwaukee. I know at times there are other items added to what was ordered, sometimes these extras are fun to have, especially the postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment