Monday, December 9, 2013

History Of Burlesque

     I went to the comedy club tonight, but it was a slightly different show. This one started with a performer telling us about the history of burlesque. It was nice to hear how it originally was just jokes. Eventually it included stripteases. No surprise, I thought of the episode of 'The Simpsons' that had burlesque in it. And yes it had more than scantily clad women, as Bart took a turn onstage as a ventriloquist. Eventually we did get a demonstration, it was 'The tassels' spinning on her breasts. The banjo performer was there with a new song, it was one with innuendo. I would have liked hearing the Joe Biden song but it wasn't played tonight.
    At work I liked helping out as part of the advisory board after lunch. We gave out cookies and invite cards to the company's holiday party, slated for later this week. I got to know better where many of the people in the office are. I liked seeing some of them had St. Paul Saints softee baseballs from the season-opening block party, an event I like to attend. I gave out the cards, the AA did the cookies. Other people covered other parts of the office, so it took less than 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment