Friday, December 6, 2013

Shuffles The Stuffie

     I was in the studio audience for the local TV show- 'Twin Cities Live'. As usual, there was plenty of free items for audience members. One of these was a stuffed animal. I was given Shuffles the Stuffie, a turtle. I said I will now have to find out who to give this to. It may be accepted at my company's Toys for Tots drive. There is a good chance I will use the laundry soap though, but it appears to be granular and normally I use liquid. It was tough going on the roads, due to the winter weather, so I am thankful I left early for the show. Since it was rush hour by the time I left the studio it took a long time to get home.  
   I went to the comedy club tonight, unfortunately the lasting impression was the comedians I didn't think were funny. One had some flashy leather pants on, and a red flower in his hair. Then he doesn't say anything for much of his time onstage, and then just screams. After a while even the techie guy in the back said he wouldn't be allowed to just stand onstage. I said I wondered if it was like one of the therapist sessions in my favorite movie, 'Good Will Hunting', which was a stare down. Then it ended when Will tells a joke about a flight attendant. Another comic seemed to be ripping off Larry the Cable Guy- not just the outfit, but also the jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment