Sunday, December 29, 2013

Right Hand Glove

   I went to a friend's comedy show tonight and decided to take the light rail into Minneapolis for it. After the show I lucked out how the train was stopped waiting for another operator. I saw two empty juice bottles to throw out at my stop. I also saw a right- hand glove on the floor, but I didn't pick it up. All I thought was somebody probably misses it, especially on a subzero night like this. It was a good show, I got a seat in 'The front row', said it just like the old Miller Lite commercials with Bob Uecker. It was The Turkeys, plenty of new material, though the 'Leon' skit was not new, where my 'Bestie' was shot at the end, like the movie 'Old Yeller'.
  I tried watching pro football today but fell asleep near the end of the Vikings-Lions game, the final one in the Metrodome. This also happened with the later game, Bears-Packers, Bears lost 33-28. I got my laundry done in the morning before the games started.
   Another notable thing was plenty of activity with the Internet dating. I am trying to get some more dates set up soon. I guess since the holidays are winding down people are less busy. One of these was truly addition by subtraction. I got a profuse apology from one match, hearing 'I'm sorry' twice- through the Internet dating website, not my phone- for not returning my call. I was told it was fine to call when working, but I really don't want to call someone at work as I wouldn't want them to call me while I am working. I got voicemail a third time and said I'm no longer interested as I could tell how I'm not high enough on this match's priority list. I know there will be others, so I don't shed any tears for those who fall victim to 'Lack of effort'. I prefer waiting to decide until I meet matches in person, but this isn't the first time where I got tired of hearing excuses before an in-person meeting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment