Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Laying Garland

    I had a half-day at work, and I was still able to help out with the decorations for the holiday party. The main thing I did was lay garland. It was hard to keep it in place next to the glass but I did my best to bend it so it would. At one point I said I thought of the movie 'Christmas Vacation' where Clark said to check every bulb.
     At the comedy club tonight I got two shout-outs, always thrilled to get those. One of them was from the MC, the Southern girl who is expecting. The other was from the comic who does the IED/IUD joke. I liked the former TSA agent doing one about winter, where his car sounds like Tony the Tiger on downers- 'Grr'. And how he needs help to swear in the winter, the car is the second part. He even did an acronym of what TSA means, it was funny.
     An E-bay order arrived, it was the World's Fair postcards. It was a nice variety, from four different fairs. Two from Chicago 1933, now there is 16. Two from New York 1939, now there is 7. First one from Seattle 1909. Three from Montreal 1967, now there is 6. It is a grand total of 42 postcards. I plan on ordering some more when the new billing cycle begins, which is in the next few days. Though I don't think there are many listings like the one I just found. Many of them appear to be from just one fair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment