Monday, December 16, 2013

Shirtless Man With Fast Food

     Tonight at the comedy club I saw a shirtless man do a routine about fast food that was meant to be sexual. He used a McDonald's burger. I said to another comic how I was a little stunned. It was definitely out of the ordinary. Also notable tonight was seeing a sultry woman do a song from the movie 'Roger Rabbit'. It was 'Get me some money too', the song performed by Jessica. When I was walking back to my car I passed by a bus stop and a woman said 'Hey' to me and I didn't quite understand what she said after it, I just kept walking, didn't stop at all.
   Four E-bay orders arrived today, bringing me eight more postcards from the 1933 Chicago World's Fair so now I have 25. It included three different train postcards, from the Burlington Route, Chicago and Northwestern, along with the Baltimore and Ohio. The Burlington card included a locomotive from 'Royal Scot', I understand it as being from Scotland. The B and O card was of a 'President Cleveland' locomotive, one of 21 'President type' engines. There were two others that happened to be throw-ins and not from a World's Fair. One was an Illinois Central station in Rockford, IL, and the other was 'The General' at Union Depot in Chattanooga, TN. It says it was made famous by Andrews' Raiders, an event in the Civil War.
     Also among the World's Fair postcards was one of Soldier Field and the Field Museum. The sender said they were among the 120,000 at the Notre Dame-Navy game, and hoarse from yelling. 'Chicago World's Fair' is underlined at the bottom and it says 'Come on down for this'. The postmark suggests the card was made before the fair, apparently October 1928 or 1929. But it looks like they did make it as I have another one, of Hotel Wacker. That one does have a 1933 postmark on it, and speaks of getting to the fair at midnight. The Soldier Field postcard is nice to have as it shows an obelisk from the south end. I hadn't seen it with an obelisk before, and don't know for sure if it ever had one. Since I don't know when the photo was taken, and other listings seem to suggest it may have been an artist rendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment