Friday, December 13, 2013

Must Be The Money

    I've seen a TV commercial for Honey Nut Cheerios cereal. It has Nelly, the rapper, in it along with his song 'Ride with me'. But the hook in the commercial is 'Must be the honey' instead of 'Money'. I found the video to the original song on Youtube and I recognize it as a spoof of the movie 'Smokey and the Bandit' with Nelly driving a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. After finding the commercial there, I also found his St. Louis song.
   I had stage time at the comedy club tonight. The jokes I tried out earlier in the week are doing well.
At work I took a calendar into the office and left it in the main break room with a 'Free' stickie on it, and it was picked up right away. I was sent three calendars by non-profits that want my money, and I just need two- one for home and one for the office. So I figured somebody at work would want it. I stayed a few extra minutes to finish an email to my student in the mentoring program, so it meant taking a later bus home. One item was waiting for me when I arrived, a fleece sweatshirt. I don't like them just leaving things when I am out of the office but I don't know what other options they were given. The sign on my computer did say I would be returning the next day, so if they read it this may have told them it was fine to leave it there.
   On the way to the comedy club I liked hearing a documentary on Public Radio about American music. One segment was about the Grand Old Opry in Nashville, and apparently 'Opry' is in reference to 'Opera' music that was on New York radio stations for a while. There was also something about 'Border' music, radio stations who broadcast in Mexico where they were not subject to American law on what music was played. For an anniversary show at the Grand Old Opry, there was an appearance by President Nixon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment