Friday, December 27, 2013

Old McDonald Had A Farm

      When I was riding the bus home from work there was some kids sitting near me. At first one of the girls said 'Merry Christmas' but after a while she kept saying 'Old McDonald had a farm'. The adults spoke in a foreign language. They were possibly from India, so I'm not sure about how they felt about the kid saying something about Christmas as it probably wasn't their religion. 
   At the comedy club tonight there was a no-show early on. The 'Extra murder' comic said he had been performing across town tonight in front of a much bigger crowd than this one. One comic just ranted about birthdays, and said his golden birthday will be on New Year's Eve. It does remind me of how I haven't picked a New Year's Eve show to attend just yet. There are six Facebook invites, plenty to choose from.
   Two E-bay orders arrived, both were postcards from the Chicago World's Fair, so now I have 37. I added an interior view of Fort Dearborn, to go with an exterior view. The other was from the Sanford Ink exhibit. In my searches I found a Montgomery Ward postcard from a World's Fair, Omaha 1898 if I'm not mistaken, but it was expensive. It did lead to me finding a first day cover from 1972, honoring a century of mail-order businesses, which Wards was the first. I have just one Wards postcard and I am pleased there is a first day cover stamp available as well. It of course means more to me when I started working for a Wards business, and we were bought out less than a year later.

No comments:

Post a Comment