Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Grumpy's Death Comedy Jam, 10 Years

     I am thankful I was part of the Grumpy's death comedy jam tonight, as it was the ten-year anniversary show. One comic, who does the 'I'm finally happy meal' joke, said he had been onstage 7 times. There was comedy scheduled for the entire day the bar was open, from 11am-2am. I had a Lone Star beer there, thinking of how it was unavailable at a venue I was at earlier this week. It looked like nearly every comedian in town was there. I arrived after a show at a another club. It was a notable day as I had stage time at 2 different places tonight. I followed the 'Extra murder' comic at the first show and my 'Bestie' at the second. At the first it sounded like there was just enough paying customers to have a show. At the second it was crowded when I arrived. Memorable will be two things in particular. One was keeping track of the comics by writing it down on a roll of adding machine tape. The other was the artwork. In the bar section it was plenty of beer ads of course, especially of some of the historically Minnesota beers: Schmidt and Grain Belt. In the comedy section it was the artwork, apparently of cosmonauts from the former USSR.
   At work we had the holiday party, as part of the advisory board I was asked to be a greeter. It seemed more like a pep rally at times, as there were plenty of high-fives on arrival.  

No comments:

Post a Comment